2015 Sauvignon Blanc 'Sancerre Blanc'Langlois-Chateau
The House of Langlois Chateau is based in Saumur. It was created in 1912 by Edouard Langlois and his wife Jeanne Chateau, with the help of the Baron de Bodman. In 1973, Maison Bollinger from Ay-Champagne acquired majority ownership of Langlois Chateau. Michel Villedey from the Bollinger family ran the estate until 2008 when François-Regis de Fougeroux became president of the company. The Sancerre vineyard of Fontaine Audon is owned by Langlois Chateau. This 15 hectare vineyard surrounds one of the rare “Château” in Sancerre, in St Gemme to the north west of the Appelation on the excellent Terroir à Silex (flint).
Extremely expressive, with typical citrusy and exotic fruit notes on the nose; on the palate lovely balance, elegance and freshness.
Loire Valley, France